3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Grease a cookie sheet.
3. Stir together flour, baking soda, sugar, cream of tartar, and salt.
4. Cream together butter, 2 cups sugar.
5. Add the eggs, milk, and the vanilla. Beat well.
6. Add dry ingredients, beating until well combined.
7. Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
8. Roll in a mixture of 3 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon.
9. Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet and flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass.
10. Bake 8 minutes or until a light golden colour. Remove immediately from baking sheets.